Viramontes City

WELCOME!
We are currently in Round 17, which is scheduled to end 2/17/15.
Round 16 finished 10.14.12
thanks for taking a look at my Sims2 blog. You should start at Round 8 and then move forward. Let me know what you think. Comments are always appreciated!.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Raj Behal ch1-Here we are

Raj (23) his wife Lakshmi (18) and her sister Deeba Shalo (16)
Narrated by Lakshmi
Photobucket
Raj and I were married over a year ago. It seems like yesterday I was home planning my wedding and now im here in the states. I still look at Raj and wonder what the future holds for us.
We moved because he got offered a great position in a new hospital here in Viramontes. No matter how I try I can not get used to this cold town. I feel like there is no warmth with its people. I feel so out of place but I act happy so that my husband will be comfortable.
Photobucket
We brought my little sister with us here as well. Deeba begged my parents to allow her to come here with us. She is planning on attending university here while I accompany my husband. It is different for Deeba than me. She can still dress as she wishes while I am wearing traditional wedding garbes.
Photobucket
Now that we are settling in here I can only hope that Raj gets a little more modern. One can only hope.
Photobucket
I told Raj today that I am certain that I am pregnant. I could not believe that we are going to be brave enough to raise a kid here. I just hope that our baby will embrace our culture. Raj keeps daydreaming about our child. He couldnt wait to tell his parents about my pregnancy.
Photobucket
With the news of the baby time flew by. Before we knew it, Deeba was ready to go off to college. Raj is always suggesting her to become a physician like him. I do not think that she will follow in my husband's footsteps but one never knows.
*****
Photobucket
As with any new job, one has to meet the co-workers and their wives. Raj allowed me to dress outside our traditional wedding clothes. I could not believe it when he bought me these pants. I have not worn pants since before our wedding.
Photobucket
My husband's co-workers are a little strange but I put up with them. His boss Mr. Awon kept asking me how many months I was. Do these people not know that woman generally talk to other males. I tried to politely tell him but he still insisted on knowing if I was liking the food. I just wanted to go back home.
Photobucket
We left and Raj took me to this place to try out Bowling. I guess we are getting more and more "modern". Raj actually touched my stomach in public. I was so embarrassed but he told me that it was normal thing to do here in the states. I hope all goes well when this baby comes. We know its a boy so our heritage is now sealed.

1 comment:

  1. Lakshmi and Raj are a nice couple. I like how Lakshmi is trying to stay with cultural traditions but still be blend into her new surroundings.

    ReplyDelete