Viramontes City

WELCOME!
We are currently in Round 17, which is scheduled to end 2/17/15.
Round 16 finished 10.14.12
thanks for taking a look at my Sims2 blog. You should start at Round 8 and then move forward. Let me know what you think. Comments are always appreciated!.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Aaron Barillas ch9- The college years are upon us

Aaron (34) his wife Heather (33)
Their children: Sebastian, Demetrius, Minor, Sarah (18), Carmen and Esteban (12), Jonah, Nazira, Octavio and Yameli (10)
Narrated by Heather.
Last update/next update
 photo 1_zps2c2e5e83.jpg
Our kids were now college age but Aaron wanted to make sure we talked to them about the benefits of going to college.  After all both Aaron and I are college graduates.  I feel strongly that our kids should go to college and experience it for all it was worth. I remember when Aaron and I struggled to finish college on time with our kids in tow.  Now here we are asking if they are going to college or not.
Sarah didnt know if she wanted to go but by the end of our conversation she said that she was going.  I did fear that we convinced her rather than she wanted to.  Aaron didnt care how it happened as long as they went to college.
 photo 2_zpsc821f2df.jpg
We talked with both Sebastian and Demetrius together. Sebastian said right away that he was going to mee the girls.  I told him to slow down and really think about the academic responsibility.  He quickly smiled and told me not to worry because he knew how to divide his time between school work and the ladies.  Demetrius on the other hand said he wanted to go to be able to get his dream job one day.  When I asked him what job that was he said, "Thats why I am going to college to find out". 
 photo 3_zpsf20c0639.jpg
Minor was intent on going as well.  Unlike his sibilngs, Minor had been working to make sure that he had some grant money available to help with his tuition. The rest of the kids decided that they would get school loans to cover the tuition and books.  As much as we would love to help them, we just cant simply afford it.  The farm is still not paying us back as much as we would want.
********
 photo 5_zps771c7610.jpg
There are days when I feel we should sell this farm and move to a smaller house.  Especially when all the kids move out.  I dont think there will be a need for us to live here any more.  I have tried everything I can to get good crops and it just doesnt look good year after year.
 photo 4_zpse2564455.jpg
Yet Aaron takes his time and loves his orchard trees.  I told him that we should think about getting rid of the green house and getting into the orchard tree business.  He is not ready to do that yet.
************
 photo 6_zps3190fa34.jpg
When the older kids left, the younger ones took it hard.  We made sure that we had a nice dinner and talked about the older quads and their new life at college. Yameli took it especially hard because she says that Sarah was her best friend.  We promised that we would take them to see their older brothers and sisters as soon as we could. However since its such a long trip, we are hoping that the quads will want to still come home to visit.
 photo 8_zps30a4514a.jpg
After everyone is asleep, we managed to get some alone time.  Aaron told me tonight, "before you know it this big ol house will be empty.  What about having another child?"  I quickly put an end to that. I am so overwhelmed that I could not handle another pregnancy.  Especially since we always have multiple babies at each pregnancy.  I reminded him that I have been pregnant only three times and we have ten kids. He just smiles at me and tells me I am the most beautiful woman in the world.  I smile back and tell him that we are one lucky family.

No comments:

Post a Comment