Viramontes City

WELCOME!
We are currently in Round 17, which is scheduled to end 2/17/15.
Round 16 finished 10.14.12
thanks for taking a look at my Sims2 blog. You should start at Round 8 and then move forward. Let me know what you think. Comments are always appreciated!.

Friday, October 24, 2014

Amarilis Barillas- Ch 17- New location and marital status

Amarilis (54) her girlfriend Meadow (54)
Their children living at home: Julieta, Ramon and Raquel (16)
 photo 1_zps05167b44.jpg
Narrated by Amarilis
 photo 3_zpscc06bd31.jpg
The kids were not happy when I told them that we had to move from Viramontes. You would think that it was the end of the world.  This move affects all of us but it is necessary for me to keep my current employment.  I tried to tell the kids that this move with benefits us but they just wanted to know why they would have to travel a long way to their high school.  I could have transferred them to a different school but decided against that.
 photo 4_zps08e5888a.jpg
Ramon finally gave in and the rest of his sibilings did too. I love how they think that they have a choice. There is no way that I was going to leave them with their sister. They were going to have to come with us whether they liked it or not.
 photo 5_zps8fd81d3e.jpg
Finally moving day was here.  I felt so sad leaving my house. I remember when Meadow and I chose this house.  We saw so many houses and my parents thought this was too big.  Then we had several children and at one point the house was too crowded. 

 photo 6_zpsc6efdb17.jpg
In the end, the house was just right.  I even started a garden which now I will not be able to watch.  The realtor said that the house would be on the market a short time.  I guess there are a lot of people moving into Viramontes recently.
  photo 7_zps0cde41bf.jpg
We took one last look at our house. It is such a beautiful house.
*********************************
  photo 10_zps7e1a6ae0.jpg
We moved to Colorado Springs. The highschool team there needed a coach that was willing to take them to the next level. I was not that excited to go but I was to told to either go there or be out of a job.  When my employer put it like that I decided to pack up.  Meadow supported my decision. She didn't mind driving to Viramontes since she had to take the kids back and forth to school. 
  photo 12_zpse8b741d7.jpg
My employer also offered to put a down payment on the house in Colorado Springs if I allowed them to choose it.  I didnt see the harm in that so I let them choose.  The first thing I did was be grateful that there was a little piece of land that I could cultivate my garden in.  Meadow knew I didnt like the house we were given and came out to help me start my garden.
  photo 8_zps52037ff1.jpg
I mean that the house was hideous. The wall paper and furniture alone was enough to stop anybody from buying this house.  I knew right away that we were going to invest money in revamping the furniture and the wall paper through out the house. I mean really who uses this much wall paper?
  photo 9_zps1833112c.jpg
I also had another idea that I wanted Meadow on board with.  She was shocked when I asked her to marry me here in our new home.  We have lived together for so many years and we never talked about marriage. It just seemed like a piece of paper that we didnt need to prove that we loved each other. I still felt that way but suddenly I wanted her and I to be married. She was surprised and said, "yes".  Of course she will deny it but I did see a twinkle in her eye.  She was even happy that we were going to surprise everyone with our marriage.
**********
  photo 13_zps8ce69155.jpg
We invited my whole family to come out to Colorado Springs to our "house warming party".  They all came and it was great to see my family 
  photo 21_zps8c82f2d1.jpg
When the time came we announced that we were getting married.  Everyone just stared at us and then started applauding.  We didnt want a big fancy party.  It was great just having our family around us. 
  photo 17_zpsbc49b87d.jpg
We exchanged rings and like that we were spouses. 
  photo 20_zps598dd1af.jpg
Our kids were shocked.  Ian, my brother was still surprised by the fact that I got married.  He kept asking me if I was sure. I mean I have been with Meadow for over twenty years. I think we were sure about getting married.
  photo 21_zps8c82f2d1.jpg

I managed to get a moment outside with Meadow. I told her how much I loved her and how she and our kids meant the world to me. I wanted to make sure that she knew that this piece of paper was just icing on the cake.  My Meadow knew that and was happy as a clam for us to be married.

Author's note~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • ROS hit this household.  Their ROS was to move to another location due to job relocation.  It was hard moving them out of Viramontes. They had lived there for so long. 
  • Once they moved into their new house they rolled the want of being married. I had forgotten that they were not married. I even had to research in my "records" and my older blog to see if perhaps I had missed it.  Imagine my surprise when I find out that they are truly not married. 

No comments:

Post a Comment