Viramontes City

WELCOME!
We are currently in Round 17, which is scheduled to end 2/17/15.
Round 16 finished 10.14.12
thanks for taking a look at my Sims2 blog. You should start at Round 8 and then move forward. Let me know what you think. Comments are always appreciated!.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Gerard Awon- Ch, 4 Empty Nesters unite.

Gerard (46) his wife Emmy (41)
Narrated by Gerard
last update/next update
 photo 1_zpsa2e44cbf.jpg
We are currently enjoying being empty nesters. I never thought that having this big house would be too much for Emmy and I .  We have talked about downsizing to a smaller house. I am not opposed to it but being the CEO of a new hospital requires to uphold certain standards.
 photo 2_zps6b6ebf2f.jpg
Besides the minute she has me convinced, we head out to the garden and she changes her mind.  She loves being out there making sure everything is trimmed and weeded. I have offered to hire a gardener but she will not hear of it. She said that she needs something to do especially now that the kids are out of the house.
  photo 3_zps25680b41.jpg
In the morning, I do not like to get up from out cozy bed to go to work.  I snuggle up against Emmy and ask her if she can call in sick for me.  She smiles and kisses me which leads to passionate morning sex.  This morning right when we were done the doorbell rang.  We were both surprised and quickly got dressed to see who it was.
  photo 4_zps74f60308.jpg
To my surprise it was our kids. I asked them if everything was OK and they said the needed to talk to us.  I was concerned and worried when Juliann said that. I saw Gerard Jr and felt a little more at ease.  What ever it was, at least both of them were safe.
  photo 5_zps8699645d.jpg
Imagine our shock when we heard that not one but both of our kids got expelled from school. 
  photo 6_zps8d6d37a8.jpg
I was left with out words. I never would have thought that they were doing so poorly in school.  Juliann started saying that they did not get the course work and that they were homesick.  Gerard said he did not like the campus at all and wanted to come home and try something else.  Really? Is this what Emmy and I worked so hard to raise? We raised two children to become irresponsible young adults?
  photo 7_zps720bc021.jpg
Emmy was more calmer than I was. I was still trying to wrap my head around all of this. I heard her tell them that they could stay here but there had been some changes to their bedrooms.  At some point we agreed for them to stay here and figure things out.  I piped up that point and made sure both of them knew they needed to get jobs. After all if college was not for them then a job was!
  photo 8_zps4bd21732.jpg
They were surprised to find out that Gerard's Jr's room had been turned into a fitness room.  His bed was in storage but he needed to make space for the machines in the room as well as his bed.  He was OK with that. I could tell he felt defeated.
  photo 9_zpsa013109d.jpg
Juliann lucked out because we had agreed to leave her room as a guest room.  She loved her new space.
  photo 10_zpsd9812243.jpg
I thought for sure Emmy was going to coddle the twins.  When they went to look at their rooms she looked at me and told me we had a serious problem.  I agreed with her. We did not want the twins being dependent on us forever.  We both agreed that we would charge them rent.  Emmy smiled because she said it was going to be a rude awakening when they figured out that they need a college degree to make a decent living.  I smiled at my wife and promised her that the nest would soon be ours again.

No comments:

Post a Comment