Viramontes City

WELCOME!
We are currently in Round 17, which is scheduled to end 2/17/15.
Round 16 finished 10.14.12
thanks for taking a look at my Sims2 blog. You should start at Round 8 and then move forward. Let me know what you think. Comments are always appreciated!.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Consuelo Barillas - ch 15 We are the empty nesters

Consuelo Barillas (50) her wife Maura (50)
Photobucket
Previous update/next update
Narrated by Consuelo
We are officially empty nesters. Maura and I have decided not to retire now because we still have debt we need to get rid of. For now we are focusing on our careers and the store. I think that I can quit my job and continue on with my store. Every time I think I am going to do that, I get scared and stop. I don't want to rely only on the store for my income.
Photobucket
I did however need help since Jacquelyn and Opal moved away. Maura tried to help but her work at the restaruant is picking up. I held some interviews and found the perfect candidate for the job. Marie Rauscher is her name. She will be managing the store while I am gone and in charge of restocking.
We are officially empty nesters. We decided to put our effort into our careers. I am still contemplating on hge
Photobucket
I did have my nephew Arthur helping but he politely resigned. I don't blame him. He is moving out with Anthony and needs a better paying job that this one. I may need to hire another high school student to help out.
Photobucket
I can not give one complaint about Marie. She is perfect at what she does. It was great that I found her just in time. Now I only hope she doesn't hit me up for a raise too soon!
Photobucket
At night it's wierd being here with Maura. At first we were worried that anyone would hear us making love or worse they would walk in on us. Now its just us and we are finally getting used to it. We have a lot of space but what can we do? I would love to move into a smaller apartment but that would mean moving the shop. So for now we are just staying put. Besides we still have the beach access that makes this place worth keeping.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute couple! I love that last picture of them cuddling. I have a couple who are new empty nesters too, and it definitely takes some getting used to the quietness and slow pace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand Conseulo not wanting to rely on only the business for her income, especially when they have debts to pay - it's great that she's found a good manager and doesn't have to overwork herself to keep things going.

    I loved the last picture, too!

    ReplyDelete