Viramontes City

WELCOME!
We are currently in Round 17, which is scheduled to end 2/17/15.
Round 16 finished 10.14.12
thanks for taking a look at my Sims2 blog. You should start at Round 8 and then move forward. Let me know what you think. Comments are always appreciated!.

Friday, July 11, 2014

Ch 10-Alfredo Barillas-When did my son become a little man?

Alfredo (37) his husband Merrill (42)
Their son Lestat (5)
Previous Update/Next update
 photo 1_zps4240f1b1.jpg
Narrated by:Alfredo
 photo 2_zps38f99713.jpg
We are still trying to get our lives on a standard schedule.  This is easier said than done when you have a toddler who is turning five. Did I mention that he is 5 going on 21?  Merrill is a great dad but lately he has been sleeping in while I get up to make Lestat breakfast.  I hate to admit it but I am glad that he is starting school soon.
 photo 3_zpsf6a7984a.jpg
Our son is turning 5. I cant believe it.  I still remember when he would cling to me and not want anyone to hold him. He sometimes didnt even let Merrill hold him.  My little baby is turning into a little man.
***********************
 photo 5_zps124e9c15.jpg
We invited my family which was no small feat.  My mom wanted me to invite everyone but I just dont have the space.  I guess I should have thought about having the party at the park versus here.
  photo 6_zps7d1c1b8f.jpg
Lauren made the trip to come and celebrate with us.  It was great to have her here.
 photo 7_zps2f691ddc.jpg
Shaila and Weldon came as well.  They decided to leave the triplets at home.  She is a great mom but sometimes I worry that she over protects them. 
 photo 8_zps7a2416b2.jpg
Merrill was hanging out with our niece Salma.  She keeps trying to win Merrill at Chess.  Either Dylan brings her here or we go to their house to visit. 
 photo 9_zps07ee5442.jpg
Dinner conversation flowed freely.  We were all catching up on the latest news in our lives. 
 photo 10_zps592e1bfe.jpg
I love seeing Lauren and her husband together.  The odds were against them but they prove us wrong every year they celebrate their anniversary.
 photo 11_zps58538165.jpg
My mom was happy to see all of us together.  We still struggle to make sure my younger siblings join our parties.  She was excited to come over with my mom and thought that our party was great.
 photo 13_zps6971d72c.jpg
Soon our party was over and the guests were beginning to go home. Lestat was too hyper from the cake to go to sleep but he knew he had to go to slee. 
 photo 15_zps7f15ccab.jpg
Once everything died down we talked about our future plans.  Lestat was getting older and we were both wondering if we were going to expand our family or not.  For now Merrill wants to wait until I can finish my bachelor's degree.  Its true I have been putting it on the back burner. 
 photo 16_zpsa8267412.jpg
I agreed that I wanted to wait until I completed school then we would revisit expanding our family.  Truth be told I feel we are a complete family unit as it is. 
 photo 17_zpsffb74c20.jpg

There was no time like the present to hit the books and get started on that degree. 
Author's note:
I liked bringing Alfredo's family to his home.  The truth is that their apartment is quite small.   I also wanted to address Lestat's dad's.  I use the hack that allows for my gay families to have their own children.  I don't want to deal with surrogates.  There will be updates where you will see the males pregnant...after all why shouldn't my simmies have their own biological kids? 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it is a nice feature of sims that they can bypass the whole dilemma of how to reproduce, right? 5 going on 21, reminds me of my daughter when she was that age! This was a happy update, with the party and family getting together. Alfredo's really going to busy with going back to school, but maybe Merrill will help out some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's interesting that you don't deal with surrogates, I can understand why with wanting to see their specific genetics, I also like the surrogates so there is new genes in the playable pool. The family visit was really nice, and too funny on the 5 going on 21 comment, and looking forward to sending him to school. Hopefully he handles academics well!

    ReplyDelete