Viramontes City

WELCOME!
We are currently in Round 17, which is scheduled to end 2/17/15.
Round 16 finished 10.14.12
thanks for taking a look at my Sims2 blog. You should start at Round 8 and then move forward. Let me know what you think. Comments are always appreciated!.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Melody Barillas-Ruben Ch 9- Moving on and out.

Melody (35) , Joshua Ruben (37)

Photobucket
Narrated by Melody.
Photobucket
Joshua and I have been talking on the phone ever since we separated. It was hard in the beginning to talk but we are doing better.  He is still insistent if we are to get together then he wants kids.  I myself am unsure about wanting kids yet. 
Photobucket
I talked to my parents about this.  They waited a few years before they had me.  My dad was supportive. He was sad that Joshua felt he had to pressure me to have kids.
Photobucket
My mom was so sad. She did not want me to get separated much less when I told her that I decided to file for divorce.  She asked if I was sure and yes I am. 
Photobucket
I went to see the family lawyer Toby Bruenig about filing for divorce.  He told me that it would be easy because we do not own any property. We both have to be on the same page in order for the divorce to be finalized quickly.
***********
Photobucket
I went to see Joshua in Paradise Springs.  This city was so different than Viramontes. Here they only have summer all year round. I could see why Joshua would love to live in this city.  He looked great when I saw him. 
Photobucket
We had lunch and thats where I told him that it was best for us to file for divorce.  We were holding on to our separation for two years now.  He asked if I wanted this because I was interested in someone else.  I told him that I just wanted us to be free and be able to live again.
Photobucket
He was not happy but he said that he was fine with my decision.  I guess he thought that we going to get back together.  I felt bad but he agreed to come back to Viramontes to talk to the lawyer and sign the paperwork.
*************
Photobucket
We went on an early morning to see Mr. Bruenig.  Mr. Bruenig made sure that we both understood that we were here to dissolve our marriage.
Photobucket
At the end of signing our divorce Joshua said he needed time alone.  He didn't want me to call him nor have him or have any communication for a while. He needed time to heal and he was disappointed that we couldn't work it out.
*************
Photobucket
With the divorce I needed to find a new place to stay. I just couldn't stay in my old apartment that held so many memories. 
Photobucket
I have an office to myself.  I was debating on renting such a large space but I figured I was due.
Photobucket
I love my office. I love being able to come home and be able to stay in touch with my employees.
Photobucket
I invited my parents over to take a look at my new place.  My little brother Joshua and his fiancee came over.  I still can't believe that my little brother is getting married. 
Photobucket
Ava is quiet but once she opens up she seems to be OK. I can tell that Joshua is so in love with her.  It makes me smile to see how attentive he is to her.  I asked him to come look after my place after I come back from vacation.  My parents told me to take a break and use our vacation home on Tikki Island.
*************
Photobucket
I got to our vacation home and the first thing I did was lay out.  It seemed to be emptier now that it was only me here. 
Photobucket
This was a much needed vacation. No laptops, cellphones or trying to put out corporate fires.
Photobucket
I even took a side trip to the springs. I went into the steam room and before I knew it I was a mixture of sweat and tears.  It hit me at once that I was now single. I was on my own and I felt alone...but I also knew that this feeling would pass eventually.

Photobucket
I got home and it was great to have my family over again. The wedding planning was going at a fast pace. I looked at my brother and Ava and couldn't wait until their wedding day. Who knows maybe someday I will remarry.
author's note:~~
  • Man poor Joshua (her now ex-husband) really wanted kids. He kept rolling it non stop. Melody did not roll the baby want at all. She even stopped rolling romance wants for Joshua. I felt bad keeping Joshua in a marriage where she was not feeling anything at all.
  • Another factor of this break up was that she had rolled divorce from the marriage day. I like to roll a dice to decide whether they stay together, separate, divorce or have an affair. Sadly she rolled divorce to happen in this rotation. Melody is not attracted to anyone but I am not sure if she will ever be.
  • Joshua will remain a playable sim since he did manage to get married to Melody. All sims that marry a playable sim will remain a playable. This was the case in Aiden Royce and Madeline Leopardi..and in a future update we get to welcome back a sim that I had forgotten existed..ooops.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment